Pages

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Becoming a Grown-Up

Hello everyone J Welcome back. Today I’m going to talk about real life and becoming a responsible adult now that I have officially finished University L

June 4th 2014 was the final day of me being a student, which is quite sad considering I have been in education for a full 17 years (6 years primary school, 5 years secondary school, 3 years college and 3 years university). It’s really odd because I started education all the way back in 1997 when I was just six years old, so really education is all I’ve ever known and now I’m being forced out into the world to become an adult and a part of the grown-up society.


I am the sort of person who will freak out at the slightest hint of change. I like to know what I’m doing with my life and when I am doing it, but at this point in my life I don’t know what to do. I’ve never experienced being a responsible adult before. The good thing is that I have received my Degree Classification and I will be graduating with an Upper Second Class Honours Degree (2:1) which I am over the moon about and it just means that I have more options when it comes to looking for graduate jobs which is fantastic.

Another thing I’m not looking forward to is having to leave my job at the Enquiry Unit, I have worked here since March 2013 (which doesn’t seem that long ago) but when you work every week it seems like a lifetime (in a good way)! Once my reign as a University of Greenwich student ends in October, so does my reign as a University of Greenwich employee which is rubbish because I love this job. When I first applied I wasn’t looking forward to it because of all the information I would have to learn and when I first started I didn’t like speaking on the telephone. Now that I have been working here for over a year and am just about to enter my second year as a Clearing Assistant I really enjoy the telephone and I’ve been trained on various other things such as Emails and our LiveChat system. But I am so happy with the experience I have gained over the past two years and I look forward to using that in my future job applications.

Anyway, that’s all from me this month. My next blog will be mid-July where we would have just begun Clearing 2014 J


Thanks, Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment