Pages

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Future Career!

Hello, hope you’re all well J
Today I thought I’d talk about my future career and what I plan to do once my degree is complete.

Well first I would like to start with saying that right now I am very unsure on what to do but here are my options that I would like to go into. Firstly, I would love to try my hand at film and TV acting… but mainly I just want to be in Eastenders J The reason for me wanting to do a bit of work in TV and film just comes from my enjoyment of watching a good film that makes you feel about five different emotions within the space of half an hour. I just think it would be so fun to be a part of a TV series or a film.


Another thing I would like to go into would be more of a backseat of the acting world, and that is Directing and Stage Managering. In my first year I did an assignment called Making Theatre in which I stage managed for a third year production of Fear and Misery of the Third Reich by Bertolt Brecht and this was my favourite course so far at University because I enjoyed it sooooooo much. Also, this year I am directing a production of Eugene Ionesco’s Rhinoceros, so I have had my fair share of experience within both of these fields and I have really enjoyed them. Therefore I would love to experience more of this at a more professional level.

My ultimate goal in life is to run my own theatre company, I have been involved with various theatre companies before such as Second to None Productions, where I was lucky enough to perform in the musical Rent which is actually my favourite musical of all time. I have also been involved in Royal Road Productions where we did a modern musical version of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, a humanised version of The Jungle Book and a production of The Little Mermaid which was all fun and gave me the opportunity to co-direct with the Founder and Director of the theatre company. The reason I would like to run my own theatre company is just because I enjoy theatre so much but more importantly I enjoy bringing out the best in people and watching their confidence grow as rehearsals go on and to think that my support has helped them grow as a performer and a person would be a brilliant feeling.

So that’s it really, TV/film acting, directing, stage managering and running my own theatre company is what I aim to try my hand at in the future. It’s going to be hard work but I plan to put my all into it and hopefully make something of my life. Speak soon J

No comments:

Post a Comment