Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Summer and My Third Year:

Hello everyone, welcome to my first blog J

Hope you are all doing well and having a great summer, when I ask myself, what have I done this summer? There is one simple answer… NOTHING! I mean, I have been working full time at the University but besides that, not a great deal has gone on L. I have had the odd thing here and there but nothing major, the highlight has to be trekking to Milton Keynes and Surrey for my friends 21st.  I travelled there in the weirdest way possible, instead of going directly through Kent, into London and then out of London to Surrey, I decided to go into London St Pancras and then out of London in the opposite direction, all the way to Milton Keynes. The reason being I have seen nothing of the world, I haven’t left England and I have only ever been to Kent, London and Cornwall, so I thought it would be nice to see the surroundings of good old England. Plus, she drives so we could drive to Surrey from Milton Keynes down the motorway with the window down and the music blaring. The weekend overall was pretty decent we had a BBQ, we went out to a club I had never been to before which was exciting and get this… It was cheese night… My ultimate favourite type of music :D But before I knew it, the weekend was over and I was back in the Clearing office.

Clearing has been quite full on, a lot more stressful than I thought it was going to be, but it has been a lot of fun and I have quite enjoyed working with a team of new people, it’s been quite exciting. Results day was so busy as well, I took 120-something chats just in that one 12 hour’s shift, which was mental. I’m happy to say that LiveChat has calmed down a lot since then, we still have quite a lot of applicants but it has moved more onto registration queries rather than clearing applications.

So besides from full time working I have been in serious prep mode for my third and final year. It is going to be so manic, but so fun, for example next year I will have my three part time jobs (Enquiry Unit Assistant, Student Ambassador and Students’ Union Shop Assistant) plus I am in the committee for two societies (Performing Arts and Tennis) plus a work placement for one of my modules and this year I am trying my hand at directing a full scale play for my third year and on top of this I will have essays and presentations coming out of my ears. So at least I will not turn around and say I’m bored next year J

Something I would like to highlight would be the University of Greenwich Performing Arts Society, I am so proud of this, last year we did not have much success with the society as it was called Glee Club and a lot of people were put off because they thought it was related to the TV show. However, this year under a new management and a new name our plan is to take the University by storm, we haven’t even begun the academic year yet and we have already been asked to perform at… [WAIT FOR IT]… Westfield’s in Stratford for a Breast Cancer Awareness event and to create a performance for an even for Black History Month. So it’s all happening with P.A. this year.


Here’s a picture of us from my first year, performing a street dance to LMAO’s Shots! This year we plan to incorporate so much more by bringing in musicians and if people can do circus skills and we plan to make ourselves much bigger and better this year.

I have just finished registering for my third year and it is all underway, I just have to found a house, read some books, plan some shows, find a work placement, research my chosen directed piece, buy my reading material and then just turn up on the day. It sounds like a lot but when you’re passionate about things; it becomes less daunting and more FUN! Which is exactly what I am going to have this year… FUN! FUN! FUN! I Will try and keep blogging regularly but as you all know from what I just told you, I’m a busy man J

Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment